Friday, February 22, 2013

Bobby Au Yeung Discharges from Hospital, Emotionally Thank his Wife in Tears

'TVB Lucky Star' Bobby Au-Yeung was having a Lunar New Year celebration with friends - Michael Tao, Michael Tse and Ron Ng - when he suddenly felt unwell and fell unconscious. He was rushed to the ER immediately, but due to the criticial condition, Bobby was sent to ICU for several days. Many good friends including Lawrence Ng, Esther Kwan, Nicholas Tse, Ron Ng, Michael Tao, Florence Kwok and Toby Leung were all very worried about him and visited him during his hospitalization. Luckily Bobby remained strong and got through the crisis.

Yesterday morning at 11am, Bobby's manager (Lydia) and his wife (Rosanna) appeared at the hospital to take Bobby home. Bobby appeared in bundled up and a beanie on his head, it was clear Bobby lost a lot of weight, but he's still well-spirited. When taking pictures, he put up the 'V' sign with his hand and had a wide smile across his face. During the interview, Bobby frankly expressed his condition has improved 80-90%, "It was all because they rescued me during the critical period. The doctor praised I had good willpower. I fell unconsicious at 3am and didn't wake up until the next afternoon at 2pm. When they hooked me up to the tubes, I felt something, I was aware of what's going on, just I couldn't move." He also joked he's now healthier than before being admitted to the hospital, "Earlier when I was hooked up to the tubes, it was very difficult, I really don't want to try that again." When speaking of Bobby losing a lot of weight, he said: "My wife lost even more, my heart is aching." Bobby frankly expressed he really feels thankful of his wife and signaled his wife to go by his side, the couple engaged in a deep embrace. Rosanna was immediately touched and teared up. Lydia was also emotional as she said to Bobby in tears: "I'm not that much younger than you, don't scare me like that again!" Bobby said: "Actually, my wife was really startled this time. She definitely needs to nurse her health more than I do. I promised her, I will be more cautious on drinking from here on out. Moderation to everything, I won't go too far in playing and eating. I have many friends and colleagues who care about me." When Bobby made his little speech, he started feeling emotional and teared up along with his wife and manager. Then Bobby gave his wife a kiss on the cheek, thanking her for everything she done during this period. The scene was very touching.

Bobby disclosed the cause of his mishap, he said he ate too much the previous night, he had sea urchins and fatty beef, then the following day he went out late at night with friends. The food went down the wrong way. When asked if it has anything to do with alcohol? He said: "I did drink, but not that much. (Give up on drinking?) I don't want to make empty promises, drinking isn't poison, I can't just drink tea during social gatherings! Unless I find a new group of friends, but I will drink in moderation in the future."

As for his work schedule, Bobby expressed he'll be resting for several days before resuming work. Then he'll be heading to Foshan to wrap up th filming of TVB series Love Reverse Three Lifetimes of Fate. There will be many gun battles and chasing scenes, he said: "Because I got some shots earlier, so I cannot stretch my arms too much now, can't hold a gun yet." When asked what's the first thing he wants to do after discharging from the hospital? He said: "I want to go home and see my dogs. My wife said our dogs really miss me and is always going into my room to find me."

Esther Kwan: The whole crew will be serving Bobby

Bobby's partner in Reverse Three Lifetimes, Esther Kwan, was filming the series yesterday, she said: "I know, Bobby discharged from the hospital. He called me to let me know he's doing fine." Esther expressed after she completes the scenes from yesterday, the crew will be taking a break from filming until Bobby returns. On March 5th, the entire crew will resume to wrap up the HK filming and then the Foshan outdoor filming will be postponed to April. She said: "But even when Bobby gets back to work, the schedule cannot be too tight. We have to see if he can physically handle it or not. When the time comes, the whole crew will be serving him, I'll bring my chair for him to sit on. He really injured himself this time, the biggest problem was his lungs and that's okay already, but he had to hook up to those tubes, which damaged his veins. That needs time to recover too." When asked if she'll host a non-drinking party to celebrate with Bobby? She laughed: "We'll see how it goes, he can only drink water."

Rebecca Zhu plays Bobby's mother in the series, she joked: "He got through the crisis this time, he needs to look after his health. I hope he won't get sick again. When he comes back to work, I will attend to him with tea and water, a mother looking after her son is the right thing to do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More