Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fala Chen was punished by father for being a naughty student

Last night, Fala Chen and Raymond Lam attended The Night Before Exam Results' Release event hosted by apm in support of the Hong Kong student taking exams. Fala said when she was in middle school, she was already studying overseas, so she never experienced this type of pressure of waiting for the examination results to release, but she did have a different type of pressure. Fala said: "Although we don't have that great of a pressure overseas, but waiting for the colleges to send acceptance letters is actually pretty stressful too. When you see a large envelope in the mail, then you would be really happy and feel relieved because college acceptance letters aren't in small envelopes."

Has she encountered any setbacks back in her school days? Fala laughed: "When I was young, I was very naughty. I remember when I was in still Mainland, in the first grade, I got a 0% on one of my tests, so I was unwilling to put my name on it and refused to turn it in. When I got home, I got hit by my father. Since then, when I got to middle school, I started behaving and my grades started going up as well. However, when I attended college in the States, I got my freedom back, freely going and in out of he classrooms, there was no pressure."

As for Raymond, he has also experienced the pressure of waiting for the exam results. He attended middle school in Hong Kong and only had average test scores. He said: "No matter what, the most important is that I've put in my greatest effort. Its important to have support from loved ones, and shouldn't give too much pressure. I remember when I was in middle school, I rarely went out late at nights, but the day before the results are released, my parents would allow me to have a day of fun."

Raymond hopes every student finds their right direction. He has been through it and can be their example. Back then, he was not used to going to school in the States, and left college before he completed his degree. Fortunately he didn't take the wrong direction by entering the entertainment circle. He has been working in his first job until today, so studying is not everything, knowledge is just to set the foundation for the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More