Sunday, January 20, 2013

Kevin Cheng will produce his own dramas

Lee Lik Chi may have doubt his star power in China, but "Ip Man" actor, Kevin Cheng is determined to prove that he is not a one trick pony.

Popular Asians website reported that with the opening of his own production studio in China, the 43-year-old actor has revealed his true ambition to be a producer.

The actor expressed, "I invested real money in it. I have confidence in my production studio. Based on the current situation, the risk is almost zero. I hope to have a win-win situation, winning on word-of-mouth and on ratings".

Earlier in the week, Hong Kong director Lee Lik Chi slammed the actor for not being good enough to command a high remuneration in China. However, Kevin did not refute Lee's statement, only saying that he had declined Lee's drama after reading his script.

Kevin said, "Now that I am studying scripts myself, I realised that script writing is very complicated. I have changed the script over and over again. The script has evolved into many versions and I am currently selecting it".

The actor is also planning on launching his music album and revealed that he is in the midst of recording songs. The album in expected to launch before the end of this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More