Sunday, May 20, 2012

Janice Vidal: I will not Say Sorry to Leon Lai

Leon Lai bought Janice Vidal to stardom and now entering the '7 year itch' in the music industry, Janice will be holding a three show 3000 Day and Night concert on July 20th at StarhHall. Janice recalls her growth in the music industry and claimed she was rebellious and misbehaved when she first started. Fortunately, Leon had enough tolerance and didn't give up on her. However, she won't say sorry to Leon because of work, she rather make accomplishments through actions to makeup for her losses.

JANICE: "On April 13, 2005, I officially launched my first album. In just a blink of an eye, it's already been 7 years. Do I have the '7 year itch' for music? I can say 7 years later, I will love my music even more. I am happy that I can keep on singing. I remember when I first debuted, I was so lucky to have been able to make it to stardom in just a 'boom'. Soon after, I experienced a lot. Over the last 7 years, perhaps I have done things that disappointed Leon, including the Japan incident that happened to my sister Jill. I will apologize to Leon on behalf of my sister and myself, 'sorry'. During that period of time, he has put in a lot of his time. However, in terms of work, I definitely won't say sorry to Leon because just a 'sorry' is useless. Why don't I just practically do my best in my every job, and make accomplishments to makeup for my losses. Leon and I long had implicit understanding in our relationship, and it is already mutual understanding deep in the heart.

Actually thinking back, when Leon first chose me to become a singer, I think I gave him a lot of headaches. Especially the first two years after my debut, I wasn't mentally prepared and I was already popular. I couldn't accept the truth. Each time I was on stage, I got so nervous, sweat was coming out nonstop and at the time, I was so naughty and wasn't diligent enough towards my work. Everything added up together, but Leon still didn't give up on me. Hehe....I am really considered lucky! Because I lacked discipline at home during childhood, I did whatever I wanted and even if I skipped school, no one cared, but after I became a singer, I couldn't adapt to the entertainment circle that had rules and regulations. At the time, I was often late to work and when someone has been late several times, no matter what excuse you have to explain your tardiness, no one will by it. At the time, I really gave Leon a headache.

I remember my assistant came up to my door and banged on it to wake me up. She was slamming on the door so loud there was 'boom boom' sounds heard, but I still couldn't get up. In fact, I was pretty extreme. I feel Leon definitely has the authority to scold me. It is me that could not meet the most basic requirements. I won't think he's a 'bad person' just because he scolded me.

Many people ask me if Leon is my benefactor? Leon already has a group of artists [to watch over], he's a boss and a friend, he holds several identities. However, he still helps me through many different situations. If Leon didn't give me the chance to sing, I think my life would be a total mess. He is a person I respect, even if before I was misbehaving, his confidence in me never changed. He didn't give up on me. Leon hates it when I say a bunch of nonsense to him. He communicates with me with his eyes. I remember clearly, every eye expression Leon gives me, it seems like he's saying to me: 'I know you can do this, you can do it!' He gave me a confidant look, of course I can see it."

Profile
Name: Janice M. Vidal
Birthday: April 13, 1982
Favorite Music Genres: R&B, Jazz, Blues
Debut: April 2005
Representative Works: Big Brother (大哥), popular hit Confused (心亂如麻), Love Talent (愛才), Run Away From Home (離家出走). What Men Believe (男人信什麼) duet with JW, won the 2010 JSG's 'Gold Song Gold Award'.
Background: She is mixed Filipino, Korean and Chinese. Her sister is Jill Vidal. Their parents were divorce when they were still young children. Janice followed her Korean mother to Korea for several years. When she was 11, her father Joey Vidal returned to HK and lived with her sister, Jill. The two sisters initially just had an English name, it was only after they signed with Amusic, that the company gave them a Chinese name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More