Monday, April 1, 2013

Christine Kuo's career enlightenment

Since signing a contract with TVB four years ago, Taiwan-born and Hong Kong-based actress Christine Kuo gradually became one of the most famous stars in Hong Kong drama series and the former Miss Chinese Toronto Pageant revealed that it took her a long time to realize the true meaning of being an actress, according to Jayne Stars.

"To be an artist is to entertain the audience, but I failed to understand this concept no matter how many times others tried to explain it to me. I was just not enlightened, and to be enlightened, it takes time. Although I am still not completely sure at what I'm doing now, at least I am working towards a positive change," said Christine.

Christine mentioned that her family was the one who encouraged her to start her acting career in Hong Kong.

She said, "My parents wanted me to learn how to live an independent lifestyle, so they suggested me to come to Hong Kong. I've only lived here for less than four years, but it felt like I've been living here for as long as ten years. As an actress, we tend to substitute our thoughts with our characters and roles, so our lives definitely feel more bountiful."

The 29-year-old beauty has been called the "Goddess" by both actors and male fans since she made her debut in television series in 2010.

"Thank you, everyone, for taking good care of me. To be well-liked by others is not inevitable, so I will not let fame get to my head. I will cherish it. I am quite happy with this honour, but I do want a breakthrough. I want everyone to see a different side of me, but I know this takes time, so I will not rush it. When it comes to goddesses, I believe Brigittte Lin, Rosamund Kwan, and Vivian Chow to be the true goddesses."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More