Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gordon Liu recovering from stroke, Mrs. Liu rumored money hungry taking all of his assets

Gordon Liu (real name: Sin Kam Hei) was hospitalized last year due to having a stoke. Last month it was rumored because he's seriously ill, his second wife from Thailand had a scheme to take all of Gordon's assets, which includes a several million dollar property. As this damages her reputation, yesterday Mrs. Liu and her son (Kris Sin) speaks out from Thailand for the first time. She said she never had the motive to take Gordon's assets and exposed beginning last month, someone prevented her children from seeing their father. She was furious by this and decided to stand up for them and hope her children can see their father soon!

Gordon is a famous martial arts actor, he has been in showbiz for nearly 30 years. He became an international known star based on Hollywood film Kill Bill. Last August, Gordon accidentally fell and suffered a stroke. He had partial right-sided paralysis and speech impairment as a consequence of the stroke. The strong and robust Gordon was greatly impacted from this accident and stroke. At one point, he was depressed and isolated himself, but fortunately he eventually got out of the haze. This year, Gordon's physical therapy has been going smoothly and made improvements in the recovery. The only trouble he's facing is the recent rumor that Mrs. Liu directed her children (Kris and Sonia Sin) to ask their sick father for money and even wanted to swallow his 800 square feet property, which currently holds a market price of over HK$7.5 million. Regarding to the negative news, the low-key Mrs. Liu had to break out from her silence and accepted an exclusive [Oriental Daily] interview yesterday with her son. They did the interview with [Oriental Daily] all the way from Thailand.

R - Reporter ; Mrs. Liu - Gordon Liu's second wife ; S - Kris Sin, the son.

R: There has been a lot of rumors lately. It was reported you're money hungry and want to take all of Gordon's money while he's sick?

Mrs. Liu: There is no such thing! I came with him to Hong Kong in 1991 and we were married then. We have a son and daughter, but unfortunately after we had our youngest daughter, we realized our personalities didn't really match. He likes to drink and has a playboy personality. All along, I've just relied on my religion and concentrated on raising my children to maintain the marriage. Until 2009, Gordon said he wanted to send our son to Singapore for his studies, and I thought, isn't it time to start a new life? So, under Gordon's arrangements, I signed the divorce contract. At the time, I told him I'm willing to get a divorce, but our oldest son's name must be added to the property, giving him half of the ownership. I just hoped my children have some security and then I went back to live in Thailand.

R: Are you and Gordon officially divorced then?

Mrs. Liu: I'm not sure myself. I already called the HK lawyer, [he/she] said Gordon got a new lawyer, so I couldn't get any answers.

R: After Gordon had the stroke, did you visit him back in HK? Did you ask him for money?

Mrs. Liu: After he had the stroke, I immediately went back to HK to look after him. Because I'm not doing too well financially, I borrowed $20,000 from a relative to use as living expenses. Actually when we signed the divorce papers, I didn't ask for a penny, why would I be hungry for his money! It is just because a few years ago I had ineffective turnover from my business and have borrowed $30,000 from Gordon. At the time, Gordon didn't get the stroke yet. After he suffered from the stroke, I have never asked him for any money nor have I asked him to change the house title to my name.

R: It was said you wanted to bring Gordon back to Thailand for treatment?

Mrs. Liu: Actually I already suggested for Gordon to get treatment in Thailand in March. After all, its more convenient for me to look after him in Thailand. However, from then on, someone did whatever they could to prevent me from sending Gordon over here, but since I separated with Gordon, I didn't persist on. Up until the end of last month, someone was trying to prevent my children from visiting their father. Also, all those negative rumors started circulating then. I just feel its necessary for me to speak up this time! Firstly, I want to clarify the false reports and secondly, I hope my children can visit their father because its a very normal matter for children to see their father.

R: When was it, where you could no longer visit your father Gordon Liu?

S: Last November. I went to HK from Singapore and went to visit my father as usual in the late evening. I hope he gets well soon, but starting March of this year when my mom suggested that we bring my father back to Thailand, there were a lot of strange rumors that started circulating. Late last month, someone transferred my father to the nursing home without notifying me. I tried a lot of different methods to find out where my father was living. I wanted to visit him, but the nurses stopped me at the door. The nurse said my father doesn't want to see anyone. I don't know what is happening, I just want to visit my father! I really want to know my father's current condition!

R: How are you and your mom doing financially now?

S: Last year when my father had the stroke, I decided to take 1 year off from school and go back to take care of my father and younger sister. Although my father gives us $5,000 a month for living expenses, through his manager, we still want to reduce the financial burden. I'm currently working as a waiter. We are doing fine now.

R: Gordon has always loved his children very much?

Mrs. Liu: Yes, very! Whatever our children wanted, if Gordon could afford it, he would buy it for them. Each week, he takes them out. On their birthdays, he would throw a huge birthday party and make them very happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More