Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ekin Cheng announces he's marrying Yoyo Mung next year

Last night at Ekin Cheng's final show of his Hong Kong Coliseum concert, Ekin was pressured to announce his plans to marry girlfriend Yoyo Mung next year. Ekin's parents, girlfriend Yoyo and good friends Angela Tong, 'Young and Dangerous' brothers Jordon Chan, Chin Kar Lok, Jerry Lamb, Jason Chu and director Lau Wai Keung all supported him at the concert.

On stage, Ekin's brothers chatted happily and then switched the topic onto Ekin's love life. Chin Kar Lok said: "You promised me before that you will have something to say tonight!" The crowd immediately went wild after Kar Lok made that comment. Ekin answered: "Yes, say that you're getting married!" Jordon interrupted him: "Let me say it, but you can't be upset, please welcome Yoyo Mung!" Ekin initially tried to wave his hands telling them to stop, but Jordon kept going and invited Yoyo up on stage. Ekin immediately stopped him: "Ok! I will say it myself. My girlfriend and I are very personal, I don't like to take our relationship out and let people see it! I admit I'm a very romantic person, otherwise how can I sing love songs to everyone?" However, the audience were displeased by Ekin's answer and kept booing him.

Then the special guest Leo Ku suddenly comes on stage, he said: "Today the producer called me and said why don't I give Ekin a surprise. He said you're going to make an announcement tonight that I'm invited to your banquet." Ekin smiled embarrassed, but Leo continued: "I said invite me to his celebration banquet! How about this, I won't say the word 'marry', I'll say 'dodo' instead. Everyone repeat after me, Ekin and Yoyo dodo!" Ekin laughed: "If I dodo, then I will definitely invite you!"

Later, Ekin accepted an interview and when speaking of all the pressure his brothers gave him and he still wasn't willing to announce the marriage news? He said: "After all, I'm not married yet. If I do get married, I will definitely let you all know." After reporters asked Ekin again and again when he's going to admit it, he finally said: "It will be next year, but I won't say when and where. This is very personal to me." As for Yoyo, she accepted an interview over the phone and had difficulty covering her joy, when asked if Ekin ever officially proposed to her? She said: "He did half of it, the other half he'll do it when he has free time." She stressed Ekin is focused on his work and hopes the public can put the attention on her boyfriend's career instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More