Friday, August 31, 2012

Fala Chen rather sing with hoarse voice, refuses to lip sync

Fala Chen appeared at the Switzerland skincare brand La Prairie's evening banquet with a hoarse voice. She reveals she's been coughing for half a month and still hasn't recovered yet. However, she's still trying to withstand it, so she could continue shooting her new series (TITS2) and go overseas for stage performances.

Fala said: "Lately, I've been flying all over the place for work. I just got back from Toronto and haven't had time to see the doctor yet. I've just been relying on generic medications. That day, there were 5,000 people watching me perform, initially I was afraid my cough would affect my voice, but luckily Grace Wong, who accompanied me on the trip, prayed for me. When I got on stage to sing, I was surprisingly fine, but after I completed the first song and went backstage, I started coughing nonstop again. Such a miracle!" Is Fala's boyfriend worried about her? She said: "We haven't had time to see each other, but he told me to take care." Fala feels singing with a hoarse voice is a style of its own, therefore even with her sick voice, she still insisted to sing live. She explained: "I've never lip-synced before because matching the lip movements with the song is very difficult. It's risky. I rather just sing live. It's been a month since the release of my album, I was informed earlier that my album has maintained a spot in the top three best selling albums at the HMV CD stores. I'm very pleased to hear this."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More