Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oscar Leung Meets Gangsters, Gets Slapped Several Times On Street

Oscar Leung plays "Chicken" (Jordan Chan's role) in Young and Dangerous Reloaded . The other night, he was shooting at a busy street in Mongkok and attracted several hundred onlookers surrounding the location. "Chicken" was selling second-hand handbags on the street, when several triad members came up to provoke him. When he got smacked, he fought back with his tiger's tail kick. Oscar got smacked at least 10 times by the special actors, the slapping sound was loud and clear too. The left side of his face was red and swollen and had an injury on his shoulder, but he was still professional and kept it all in. He didn't borrow the camera angles for the shoot, and the makeup artist had to help him cover up the injuries in between.

Oscar expressed he didn't count how many times he was slapped, "We were all into character, but I really was hit hard. My cheeks are all red, but not so severe that there's blood. One of the slaps was so hard, there was a slight tingle in my ears. However, it's not considered that severe, there will be even more intense action scenes later." Did director Wong Jing arrange any bed scenes to comfort him? Oscar said: "There are some bed scenes, but I don't know who my co-star is yet."

The new "Chicken" looks similar to Jordan Chan's original look in many ways. Oscar said: "Jordan told me not to look like him. I have to be a completely new Chicken and understand he was a classic. He passed on the message to me, that I should create another classic." Oscar expressed at first, he was very pressured and even Chin Kar Lok, who was in Young and Dangerous before, told him to relax.

In the later scenes, Oscar won't have to fight topless, wearing a tank top will be his limit. He laughed: "The tattoo this time looks really good, and my new haircut took 6 hours to do. I went to work out in the gym before shooting, and the crew is very satisfied with my figure." Also part of the cast, Philip Ng, served as the action director at the scene.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More