Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Younha opens up about her past battle with panic disorder

Singer Younha recently sat down for an interview and shocked fans by revealing that she previously suffered from a panic disorder for one-and-a-half years.

Younha spoke in-depth about her panic disorder and revealed, “Because I suddenly took a break from the stage, I suffered a panic disorder. I didn’t go outside often and I disliked meeting people. Because I saw bad events being known to the public, I became even more depressed. I thought that I possibly couldn’t sing anymore. When I was at my lowest point, the staff members who are beside me right now knew of my situation and told me, ‘You are the best singer to me’ and ‘You can rise again’ and encouraged my self-esteem that way.”

She continued, “After my debut, because these staff members have been with me for eight years, they know me the best, and they are the people who helped me endure. When you’re climbing one big mountain and look back, it can be terrifying. But I think that this was a time that I really needed. If I didn’t go through that, I will wonder with what thoughts am I living. For each album, I used the cliche term, ‘growth’, but this time it really is a growth-like growth.”

Younha then gave a message to her fans and shared, “I’m sorry for causing worries during that time and from now on, I will work hard to show myself living well. Not caring about the popularity rank, to everyone who likes me, I want to give them the faith that I could be a Younha they can be proud of.”

Catch Younha perform on ‘I Am A Singer 2‘!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More