Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Damien Lau supports Kenneth Ma & Tavia Yeung to get the Awards

The TVB Anniversary Awards battle is getting more and more heated. This year the audience gets to vote for the TV King and Queen, the head of TVB's Variety Shows department (Yu Wing Shan) reveals the details for the public voting will conclude within the next two weeks. Currently, there are no problems with the technology. She explained they must resolve the technical problems to prevent online hackers from coming in again. She also revealed not all the awards will be up for public voting. Audience my get a few days to cast their votes, instead of opening up the polls that evening. The details regarding this matter is still in discussion.

This year's hot favorite for TV Queen, Tavia Yeung, was rumored that she's using 'cheap' tactics to crackdown her competitor Kate Tsui. She asked her boyfriend Him Law to sign a TVB contract in exchange for the award. Yesterday the cast of anniversary series Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles including Tavia, Damien Lau, Kenneth Ma, Ron Ng, Rebecca Zhu, Sire Ma, JJ Jia and Elena Kong attended the promotional event. Damien is also seen as a favorite for the TV King award, he laughed: "I've been a favorite for many years! But leave it for the younger generation. At this age, awards isn't as important to me. I support Kenneth Ma and Tavia this year. (Michelle Yim is a hot favorite too.) She's not in my series, I don't care about her."

Yesterday at the promotion, Damien's five 'wives' gave him a kiss and the event organizers prepared a cake to celebrate his 63rd birthday. After the ladies gave Damien kisses, there were lipstick marks left on his cheeks.

Recently a magazine reported Tavia wanted to defeat her strongest TV Queen competitor, Kate Tsui, so rumored boyfriend Him Law signed a 'lifelong' contract with TVB in exchange for the award. In regards to this, Tavia said: "I think that is really funny. I've been in the industry for so long, I signed a 'lifelong' contract long ago, then how come TVB hasn't given me the award? The report is purely fabricated, the media said I used 'cheap tactics to kill Kate', but I'm good buddies with Kate, and I don't want fabricated news to affect our relationship." When asked if she thinks Kate is her greatest competitor? Tavia said she's not anxious for the award. Did she talk to Him about a 'lifelong' contract with TVB? "Nothing to talk about, I didn't ask if its true or not. I don't care about that, just as long as TVB helps us earn more money. (Do you support Him signing a TVB contact?) I 'sold' myself already, but everyone has the right to choose, just as long as he's happy."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More