Saturday, October 20, 2012

Toby Leung & Janet Chow Launches Their Own Lingerie Brand

Recently the two close friends Toby Leung and Janet Chow partnered in a lingerie business. They designed and modeled for their bras and other products. Today, Janet is already 7 months pregnant, she plans to wear her own designed lingerie in her maternity photo shoot. Not only can she use this for memories, she can also advertise the brand. Toby does not only give her inputs on the designs, but also plans to start other businesses with Janet. The two good sisters hope to have their own career and save up more 'personal money'.

TOBY: Me and Janet's lingerie brand finally launched, so exciting! It feels just like me and Janet's baby is born! I told Timmy Hung, I'm riding over you! Haha...

JANET: Our brand uses two colors, black and white. It's very special. I like it a lot. Perhaps because I like it, good results came from only half the work. Lately, I only spent two months preparing and the production took about 4-5 months! If you really had to calculate it, from designing to launching, it only took about 6 months! The theme for our lingerie products are quality and comfort. On the back, there is a zipper and a band, just like styles from the Victorian era. There are many uses for it and it's not just to look sexy when wearing it. You can wear to show your husband and also wear it by itself like clothing! Later, I'll be wearing my own designs to do the maternity photo shoot. However, I gained a lot of weight, look like a pig!

TOBY: Hong Kong people always think being slim is considered beautiful. It is natural for a pregnant women to be fat. We're also designing maternity lingerie now. When wearing them, you can also look sexy!

Mutual Trust, No Arguments

JANET: We've known each other for 4-5 years. Many people say good friends cannot run a business together, it will damage the relationship and eventually end the friendship! However, we have never had any arguments, actually I'm learning from Toby!

TOBY: We are just too good friends, and she really trusts me. The business plan, Janet lets me make all the decisions, so there's not many chances for us to argue. Actually, she and Timmy argue sometimes and I help stop them. I tell them to calm down! Now that we're both married, we even talk about how to get along with our husbands. Don't look at Janet and think she's very gentle and laid back, actually her character is like a man. She knows how to protect people. As for me, I look tough on the outside, but actually she protects me!

JANET: Yeah! I fooled my husband too! I throw temper tantrums on my husband, well because he's the closest person to me!

TOBY: Janet and I have many dreams, besides lingerie, we want to do a makeup business too. Women don't just stay at home and be wives, having something to do, will give us a sense of accomplishment because not all female artists are that lucky. Women really have to have their own savings!

Plans to Start a Makeup Business

JANET: One of the reasons why I participated in Miss HK was because I wanted to get into makeup. Before when I was living in Canada, my circle was very small. It was an eye-opener when I came to HK. Miss HK can put on makeup and look pretty, and that's how I was able to come into contact with makeup. But, we're still in the planning stage. We should first focus on our lingerie brand!

TOBY: Yes... ... I'm already a Wedding Planner, so I'm slowly trying to bring all the services into one. It would be best if we could provide 'all-in-one' services. In the future, I will be opening a makeup school and let my good friends try out a business they like to do; let them enjoy a little!

Admires Toby Speaks to the Point

JANET: I really admire Toby's ability to express. I think of it as a learning experience when collaborating with her. Just like how she speaks, she can be so persuasive and really have a point in what she says. When she was explaining the details of the business to me, basically I didn't need to ask any questions, she already answered everything I wanted to know. My mom praises Toby too!

TOBY: I do all my homework before I meet clients, but I really envy you because you're going to be a mother soon. I do plan on having a baby myself, but I want to take the opportunity before I turn 30, I hope my company gets even better. Then I can really be relaxed and focus on having children, then I will just concentrate entirely on taking care of my baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More