Thursday, July 12, 2012

Vincent Wong matures after becoming a father; daughter is his utmost priority

Vincent Wong joined Neway in 2005 as a singer, but unfortunately after two albums, his singing career was going no where. In 2008, he joined TVB where he was given many opportunities in acting. Following Gun Metal Grey, Vincent plays a cop in Tiger Cubs once again. Although both of his roles had a police family background, but the former had much more confidence than the latter. The public believes being able to portray a SDU officer is hot and that it's any actor's dream to get this role, but only he knows the suffers of this role.

Vincent believes because SDU officers are 'hot', he has to look even fitter now. "Two months prior to shooting, the producer told me to start physical training. Since that time, each day for breakfast I ate 5 boiled eggs; lunch I had lean meat rice; afternoon tea I had potatoes; dinner steamed chicken. I was on that diet for 6 months until the end of shooting and I also had to do massive exercises. Also, the uniform and equipment were really heavy. Although it's not like the real thing 60 pounds, but we still had to carry 40 pounds, so that period was truly difficult, but that helped me get into character easier."

As Vincent is often given wealthy roles, he frankly expressed he's also afraid viewers may get bored, "I could only try to put variation in each of my roles. Just like my role in the recently completed Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles, I'm a rich kid again, but because I'm the illegitimate son, so there is a little evilness in me. I really like the role. Of course what I hope most is to be able to change my acting road, get different roles. Hope there will be this opportunity one day!"

Yoyo Chen is like a lover

Vincent has only been a father for two months and already feels pressured: "In the past, whatever I did, I just thought about whether I liked it or not, but now my daughter comes first. Whatever it may be, I think of my daughter first and I think far into the future. Currently my greatest wish is to save enough money to buy a home. I hope to give my daughter a better environment to grow up in. I feel I have matured and grew up!"

29 year old Vincent, looks matured on the outside, but he's still a big kid on the inside. He laughed and said after his daughter was born, its as if his wife Yoyo Chen has to look after another child. "I always say, Yoyo is like my big brother ('dai lo'), she's much more mature than I am. After we had our baby, we had less time together, but I still found my interests in life. Someone taught me, don't treat your wife as a wife, she should be like your lover and must maintain fresh feelings."

Recently, Vincent has been in more series and his roles are getting bigger and bigger. It seems like he's getting heavily promoted, but he doesn't feel satisfied yet because he lost his singing career. "That time, I released two albums, then my career came to a halt. There was a period of time I had no confidence and always thought people were talking about me. I hid myself at home. Luckily, my former manager recommended me to join TVB, that's how I was able to develop my acting career."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More