Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rebecca Zhu Criticized Poor Acting, Vents to Her Teddy Bear

Miss Hong Kong 2011 winner Rebecca Zhu is currently being heavily promoted by TVB. Earlier this year, she worked alongside Kenneth Ma and Ron Ng on her debut series Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles, but her acting was criticized. Some Netizens scolded her severely on Weibo, giving her a lot of pressure.

When speaking of this, Rebecca was clearly unhappy and had red eyes, she said: "Because I really worked hard on portraying the role. Of course I know the audience is focused for there to be so many discussions. However, as a newcomer I don't really know how to handle it. I will have to allow myself to grow slowly. (You're always reading the comments online?) Everyday a lot of people talk about it! (Which comments was the hardest to take?) They scolded me using profanity. That's not very nice, I really can't accept it. I just feel they don't really know me, but they're just attacking me. Others told me to retire from the industry and don't do any more acting. I saw some comments say I look ugly and that I should go get plastic surgery done as soon as possible."

Rebecca does not have many friends in the industry, so she doesn't have anyone she can vent to. She expressed she would just cry to her teddy bear at home: "Friends know my family isn't here with me, so they gave me a teddy bear to accompany me. When I'm unhappy I would vent to my teddy bear and I have a habit of bringing it with me when I go traveling."

As one says, there will only be growth with experience. Rebecca said many of her seniors aren't rapidly rising, so the only thing to do is to just suck it up and get through it. She said: "I have to try and be strong, learn to let go. Some things, I really don't have to be so stubborn on. I've cried about this issue before, I was just sitting on the couch crying all night! After I cried it out, I'm fine."

Christmas is around the corner, Rebecca plans to spend the holidays with her mom. She intends on cooking a big dinner to show her filial respect. When asked if she has a date with the opposite sex? She bashfully said: "I do have a pursuer, but he didn't ask me out. Actually, after I entered the industry, I like lively atmospheres. If friends invite me to a party, I would go if I have time. It's a pleasure to exchange gifts with friends. (A romantic day, will there be any sweet memories?) Broke up two years ago! I've cooked my own Christmas meal before, but that was my first time and it will be my last time. I hope someone could cook it for me in the future. Girls like to focus on being romantic."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More