Friday, December 7, 2012

Nancy Wu Enjoys Being Supporting, Lead Actress Take it Slowly

In the past few years, Nancy Wu collaborated with Wayne Lai on three separate occasions including Rosy Business, Forensic Heroes III and most recently The Confidant. In The Confidant, Nancy's role is quite heavy as she appears from beginning to end, and she develops an ambiguous palace maid-eunuch relationship with Wayne. Nancy and Wayne have paired up several times and the chemistry just gets better each time. In addition, Nancy's acting has been getting positive feedback, Nancy said, "Wayne is a great actor. I've learned a lot after working with him so many times. At first, I felt really pressured, but now it's gotten better and my expectations has gone up as well. This time, I had a very comfortable collaboration with him because the story is about an ambiguous relationship between the two of us, so there isn't many hugs and kisses involved. Most of our scenes comes from the heart and emotions. We really like the story too."

Netizens called the Nancy and Wayne pairing "Lin Yung" (lotus) because Nancy's character is "Sin Yung" and Wayne is "Lin Ying". Not just that, the two also has a duet, The Confidant's sub theme, Sun and Moon. In fact, Nancy participated in the New Talent Singing Contest before, and her singing skills are up to standards. She only got 'half a song' this time, but still satisfied her cravings. She said: "It is such a rare opportunity that I get to sing. Friends and fans who know me, knows that I love singing. I've waited for this day for a long time. I'm already very happy to be able to sing half a song for the anniversary."

This year, Nancy won "Best Supporting Actress" at Astro On Demand's Awards 2012 in Malaysia and at the 17th Asian Television Awards 2012 (today, Dec. 6th) based on her mute/deaf role "Ting Yan Chi" in Gloves Come Off. The TVB Anniversary Awards is just around the corner, and Nancy can start promoting for her role in The Confidant. When asked if she's desperate to win awards? She frankly said: "Actually, yes. I've always been a supporting actress and I quite enjoy being in supporting roles. Of course, I do hope to become a lead actress some day, but take it one step at a time. I have confidence and TVB has confidence on me." However, this year the 'Supporting Actress' nominees are strong. She said: "This year there is a lot of competition, such as Mandy Wong, Aimee Chan and Elena Kong are all very outstanding."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More