Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kenneth Ma Surrounded By Nearly 100 Citizens at Causeway Bay

The TVB Anniversary Awards 2012 will be held next Monday (Dec 17th), the TV King and Queen battle is heating up. Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung were crowned Astro's TV King and Queen earlier in Malaysia, but in Hong Kong Kenneth is threatened by Raymond Lam and Wayne Lai; Kate Tsui is taking every step advancing over Tavia.

Yesterday afternoon, Kenneth went from Causeway Bay to Tsim Sha Tsui, looking handsome in a white dress shirt. Many housewives, OL and school girls instantly got excited to see him. The women and girls rushed forward, asking him for pictures and autographs. Someone from the group kept screaming: "I love you! I watch your The Hippocratic Crush every night!" Kenneth remains calm facing the wave of people surrounding him and fulfilled every request. In just a few minutes, Kenneth had already attracted nearly 100 madly trying to get to him. Eventually the area was filled with people and the path was blocked. To prevent danger, Kenneth immediately left, but the fans grabbed tightly onto his shirt.

When reporters approached Kenneth to take pictures, he laughed and said his fans can compare to Raymond Lam: "Actually I have a lot of fans too. I'm not losing out! It's one person per vote now, Wayne Lai, Kevin Cheng and Moses Chan have a lot of fans too. It's just their fans don't go out on the streets and try to get more people to vote for them! I have a lot of hidden fans, so it's really hard to predict the results!" When asked if he has more confidence after becoming Astro's TV King? He said: "If it's not one person per vote, then I would have better confidence because before Astro was the index for the anniversary. Actually, I hope to get the award now, especially for unstable actors like me, I need an award to provide certainty for myself!"

Soon after, Kenneth got a ride to Tsim Sha Tsui to pick out the jewelry he's going to wear for the anniversary awards. It was understood he chose a ring valued at nearly $2.5 million. He smiled: "Today I'm at the store to personally pick out the jewelry and that is because on the anniversary awards night, even if I lose, I won't lose completely. I want to look higher spirited! (If you do become TV King, will you give jewelry to your mom?) Yup, actually when I came back from Malaysia I got watches for my mom and sister." Also, he reveals he had never given a diamond to his girlfriends before. He smiled and said he'll do that when he proposes in the future.

Currently the leads from The Hippocratic Crush, "Yat Kin Tau" Kenneth and "Yue Jai" Tavia Yeung are extremely popular. The former graduated from the 2000 TVB Artistes Training Class and debuted in the sitcom War and Gender. Kenneth frankly expressed he once felt terrible, but he's been disciplining himself. As for Tavia, she graduated from the 1999 TVB Artistes Training Class, and came out as a happy young lady alongside TVB's First Brother Gallen Lo and gained recognition from the other artists.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More