Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tavia Yeung Felt Tense About Her Role, Feels 10 Years Older

In TVB anniversary series Silver Spoons Sterling Shackles, Tavia Yeung plays Damian Lau's 4th wife. Her role has great emotional ups and downs, but apparently the audience and Netizens just have their eyes on her scenes with Damian, such as the 'lip-biting' kiss. Netizens also criticized that her 'Pinocchio nose' put pressure on Damian. Although Damian already helped her explained, Netizens still wouldn't let Tavia go.

Tavia frankly expressed she and Damian discussed the 'lip-biting' kiss and bed scenes. She said: "In the series, I love and hate him. There are many subtle ways in this world to pull a relationship closer. The lip-biting kiss was to show how passionate and frustrated they were, but perhaps if the scene wasn't done by Damian and I, the reaction won't be so big. (You felt great pressure co-starring Damian?) Of course there was pressure, actually with anyone there is pressure. Damian also has high expectations, he is very into each and every one of the characters in the series. He hoped each of the female characters had different personalities, which got me nervous too. We developed together, the other actresses did well on their roles too. Comparing my character to myself, I actually turned younger. My role feels like I was 10 years older than my actual age and I had to relieve myself from this pressure."

Tavia said her role was difficult to portray because her emotions goes up and down. As for Netizens criticizing her looks, Tavia said: "I don't care at all. They can say whatever they want. They can say I'm skinny, boney, whatever! I don't mind, but I do think my costume came out looking pretty good. We all have different opinions. It wouldn't make sense if I have thinner shoulders and then say I could poke others with it, or if I have a sharper chin, would my chin stab someone?! There are many things I cannot control."

Also, Elena Kong had a sexy seducing Damian scene, which was described as 'heavy aftertaste' by Netizens. Tavia said: "It's not like it won't be 'heavy aftertaste' if they got a younger actress to do the scene. If a younger actress did it, perhaps people would say she doesn't have enough experience and lacked the appropriate expressions."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More