Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Q Bobo Sighs: SAR Gov't Treats Me Like 'Salted Water Grass'

TVB actor Q Bobo (Gill Singh) held the first show of Q Bobo Standup Comedy - I am a Hong Konger?!. This is the first of three shows. Q Bobo is a Hong Kong born Indian, but because of the rejection of his wife's SAR passport application, he expressed he is forced to give up his acting career, which is currently at its peak, and immigrate to the United Kingdom. He said: "Hong Kongers treat me like treasure, but the SAR government treat me like salted water grass. However, I don't dare to go too over in my stand up comedy because I still hope that there's a turning back. Although my wife couldn't get her SAR passport, I don't want other racial minorities to have trouble getting theirs too." Power Chan and his wife Mimi Lo and Louis Yuen supported Q Bobo in the audience last night.

*TN: To get a better understanding of what Q Bobo is implying, according to CantoDict, 'Salt Water Grass' (鹹水草) is used to make mats or tie up bundles at grocer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More