Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Charmaine Sheh 'Startling Step Each Step' During Catwalk @ Fashion Show

The 2nd Women's Fashion Week & High Quality Fashion of France 2012 at Singapore fashion show kicked off last night. This is the second year the fashion show is held in Singapore. Charmaine Sheh was extremely excited to be able to participate in the fashion show as a model and greatly praised Beijing-based fashion designer Guo Pei's beautiful designs and her works of art. Charmaine did the catwalk in a floor-dragging Chinese-styled dress and admitted her height did not compare to the other models. Fortunately, the stage atmosphere and music accommodated her catwalk, allowing her to feel the surge. She laughed: "At the time, I didn't think about anything, I was just very proud of myself. However, the tail of my dress was so long and heavy. I could easily fall, so I had to be very careful and startling by each step. During rehearsal, a lot of models fell down, therefore must be extra careful and take each step slowly."

Since Charmaine's debut, she had little catwalk experience, so this time it was especially memorable for her. She and designer Guo Pei chatted nonstop and even set up their next meeting in Beijing, Charmaine said: "She's so nice, very attentive and she knew I was on a tight schedule. As soon as I got off the flight, she took me try out the dress and accompanied me the entire time. My dress was tailored to fit me, and wasn't completed until 2 or 3am." Although the two spent a short amount of time together, Charmaine learned Guo Pei loves beauty, every time she sees a model dressed in her designs, she would be very happy. How would Guo Pei evaluate Charmaine? She laughed: "She said I did well and had great momentum. I was happy to hear this because I don't have enough experience in this area after all and walking in that dress was a challenge for me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More