Sunday, November 18, 2012

Joey Yung Speaks Up: "Denise Ho Is My Friend Forever"

Since Denise Ho (Hocc) announced her sexual orientation has triggered the public's speculation on whether close friend Joey Yung is bisexual. It was rumored because of Hocc's response to the media's question on whether Joey's bisexual, led to Joey's emotional break down and their many year friendship no longer exist. Yesterday Joey finally appeared in public. She clarified all of the rumors and stressed, "She is forever my good friend." Not only was Joey's friendship with Hocc difficult for her to let go, but she demonstrated high EQ.

Yesterday Joey didn't really have any smiles at the event, but she was accompanied by 3 EEG executives and 6 colleagues for the interview. Joey admitted she just got back to Hong Kong from her vacation to Korea with boyfriend Wilfred Lau (See Hing). Because she knew a lot of reporters would be waiting for her at the airport, she decided to use a different method of transportation to get back to HK. She said: "After so many years, I have always kept my relationships low-profile. From mid-year until now, the rumors have been going on and on. It hasn't stopped, which has indeed been bothering me. I don't really want to share my personal life with the public, and I hope everyone will understand some of the flaws in my personality."

Joey generously and took initiative to speak of Hocc's sexual orientation issue. She said: "Ah Goo (Hocc) voiced out her sexual orientation, as a friend I definitely support her. Her action was not done for herself, it is rather fighting for justice for a large group of people. If I was given the opportunity, I would do the same. It is not a big deal. Living in this world, there are just too many things to follow."

Reporter: Are you upset with Hocc?

Joey: Of course not. We have so many years of friendship. It's hard to change in just a few words. She will forever be my good friend.

Reporter: She dares not to mention your name again?

Joey: The friendship of two people, it is not necessary to provide any explanations. We all know how much this relationship is being accepted.

Reporter: Did you break down emotionally due to Hocc's 'bisexual' comment and the Netizens speculations?

Joey: No. I've been through a lot in my career, the words "break down" is too serious. However, I have indeed been troubled, I feel exhausted. I'm not unhappy because of the bisexual speculations. I'm used to being misunderstood and misled by the public and media. My personal relationships, it is between two people. The most important is to be able to accept love, other things, there is no need to think too much or to go explain.

Joey frankly expressed she didn't want her relationships to affect her work nor will she doubt Hocc on whether she's using this as a publicity stunt to promote the release of her upcoming album. Also, Joey's fans created a large poster and signboards with the words "We Will Always Be With You" to support her. However, Fans used rainbow colors on the poster which coincidentally are the theme colors for gay rights. Wonder if it's really just a coincidence? Or was the poster used to convey, no matter what Joey's sexual orientation is, Fans will still "always be here" to support her?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More