Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mandy Wong: Him Law is 'Boyfriend', Oscar Leung is 'Husband', To 'Breakup' Soon

Him Law has become the new generation Siu Sang, this year he had series broadcasting one after the other, L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs and the latest Divas In Distress. He is also currently shooting grand production Triumph in the Skies II. In real life, Him and Tavia Yeung are together, but in series Him has a lot of fate with Mandy Wong. Divas In Distress is Him and Mandy's 5th collaboration. It looks like TVB has really made them into an on-screen couple and are not worried of boring the audience. As for Mandy, her on-screen partner isn't Him, but rather with Oscar Leung instead.

Mandy said: "Perhaps being with Oscar in L'Escargot as Kwan Yee Gor and Kwan Yee So has left a deep impression on audience, and the public sees us as a married couple. However, there is a different feeling with Him Law. Previously in Suspects In Love and Tiger Cubs, we were not passionately in love, it was ambiguous and really had the taste of a pair of lovers. This time in Divas In Distress, it's already our 5th collaboration. Honestly, I was afraid audience would get bored of watching us, but luckily the reactions was really good. I have to thank all the aspects, such as the background English songs, the outcome was really good."

Boyfriend and Husband

Mandy joked Him is her 'boyfriend', while Oscar is her 'husband'. In order to have a refreshing feeling, it is likely they will really have to 'breakup' and 'divorce'. Mandy said: "Actually I debuted around the same time as them and producers often cast us together. In The Hippocratic Crush, I was initially linked with Kenneth Ma, but later developed with Benjamin Yuen, which was also well-received. If I have the opportunity to work with Wayne Lai or Roger Kwok, of course I'll be happy."

Not My Cup of Tea

Asked if she'll develop feelings for Him Law since they always see each other? Mandy said: "Him's not my cup of tea. It's great being friends with him though. We have collaborated many times and have the chemistry. I usually say we're good sisters, but Him says we're good brothers. He takes good care of his partner, but I like the matured types. There is too much sunshine in Him, he gives off a feeling of first love. He's also a little clumsy too, I want someone with the sense of security, a matured guy that can take care of me."

Grateful for Liza Wang's Advices

Him was asked if he had any pressure collaborating with Liza Wang and Gigi Wong in Divas In Distress? He said: "Very happy to collaborate with the two seniors and learn from them. I didn't have to worry about making mistakes. Ah Jeh Liza gave me a lot of advice because we had many scenes together. Ah Jeh's speaks with authority, since she's experienced, her advice is definitely helpful. I personally like to work with seniors, otherwise there won't be as many learning opportunities. Also, they're our support in the series, so I can feel more comfortable."

It was rumored Liza is nicknamed 'Producer Wang', has Him been frightened by her? "No, actually we had a very enjoyable collaboration. Most important is to do your part, be familiar with the script and don't be late. That is a must. When Liza sees you that don't have the right expression, she will speak up. When I become a senior in the future, I will be the same as her. Juniors have to understand what their seniors tell them. When seniors are willing to tell you, that means they value you. As a junior, you have to let people know you can accept opinions and advice." Liza plays Him's mother in the series, but what type of mother is Law Mama in real life? "My mom is very gentle with me and I was very attached to her when I was young. Actually my father and uncle were the strict ones, they discipline with some force. Traditional men from the village are usually like that. In the future when I have children, I will use the same method to teach them. Girls will require some patience to discipline and can't use force because that could leave scars. As for boys, they grow up through tripping and falling. When they make a mistake, they should be punished."

Goal: Most Improved Actor Award

When it comes to achievements in his career, does this mean becoming TV King? Him said: "I'm not considered very experienced. Who doesn't want a rapid rise, but you cannot rush it either. You have to take it slowly. Of course awards are important, but you cannot demand for one. When you shoot a series, it is not guaranteed that you'll get really popular, it's all about the right timing. My current goal is to get the 'Most Improved Actor Award', allowing people to see I'm a promising actor. I'll be happy enough with that award."

We remember Him was a film actor turned TV actor, does he hope to get back into films? He said: "I like both TV and film, they are both opportunities and I want to do well in it. I hope to complete my apprenticeship first before I get back into films and be able to show my improvements on the big screen."

[The rest is about Tavia Yeung. Him says his career is his utmost priority. Even after marriage, his career continues to be his priority. Regarding the news that he needs Tavia to support him, Him says artists must accept all types of news, good or bad, otherwise showbiz isn't for them. He says he's a traditional man, and is financially stabled. He hopes to buy his own home at the end of the year. He also doesn't mind working with Tavia in the future, since she is experienced and someone he can learn from.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More