Monday, September 10, 2012

Shirley Kwan disappears after her "I Don't Want To Live" message on Facebook

46 year old Shirley Kwan has a 10 year old son (Kwan Chun Yin) and she has always been emotionally unstable. Recently it was rumored she's making a comeback in the music industry, and signed with a new record company for HK$3 million. As her career starts moving upward again, yesterday Shirley suddenly wrote on Facebook at 4am: "I want to commit suicide!"

In less than an hour, Shirley posted another 200 word farewell letter: "I don't want to live! I know whether the cup of water is cold or hot without being told! I have no regrets. Everyone. Music industry, friends, colleagues! Family, reporters! I can make this decision and I won't look back. I no longer want to see anyone who has fate with me in this life. Except for my son." Her message seems to imply her thoughts of suicide. People are guessing its because of the rumor that her contract with the record company didn't work out, so she's feeling down from the obstruction in her career.

In Shirley's 'farewell' message, she implied she was betrayed: "Whoever betrayed me is the person who is worthy of my respect. My mind is clear! I will no longer suffer from unfair treatment! I don't want to see them again! Look out for yourself."

As for Alam Tam, when he heard the news, he left a message of encouragement on Weibo for her: "I heard you are not doing well, feeling down and lost, making those who care about you worry. Actually people in this world, there is nothing that can't be resolved. It is just our own footprint that allows us to walk into that path. Please come out and let your friends and people who love you, share your troubles and help you get through it."

[Oriental Daily] was unable to contact Shirley, but her manager (Ms. Wong Man Wai) said she already contacted Shirley's sister, she said: "The domestic worker said she's out, we are all trying to find her now. She is feeling unhappy perhaps because she was hurt by a friend, whom she had known for many years. Perhaps her Facebook message was just part of her emotional stirring, it should be fine." Ms. Wong said she did get in touch with Shirley three days ago, but hasn't heard from her since. After the Facebook message, there were many calls from Shirley's good friends, such as Vivien Chow. She also said Shirley's secret plan is to release a new album and hold a concert.

Meanwhile, Shirley's close friend reveals the two often have dinner and chat about deep feelings. The friend exposes the true reason that is causing Shirley to feel so negative: "She has been suffering from a lot of pressure, also there aren't any platforms allowing her to speak her heart. So, she's been holding everything inside." The close friend also said she hasn't noticed any signs that Shirley wanted to end her life: "I just know that she's been unhappy. I didn't think she wants to die." Actually, Shirley already had signs of suicide last Friday. On Facebook, she wrote a 300 word article, complaining about how she didn't know how to express herself back during the PolyGram days and how nobody understands her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More