Saturday, September 8, 2012

Eliza Sam makes breakthrough in Divas In Distress' bathroom scene

Miss Chinese International 2010 winner Eliza Sam (Princess Heung Heung) had no acting experience, but in the recent TVB series Divas In Distress, her wet white T-shirt look and bathroom nude scene has stolen the limelight and she's competing with "home boy goddess' Christine Kuo on a longer duration of fame.

In the last few years since Eliza debuted, she only guest starred in a few episodes of Ghetto Justice II, (*TN: Her next series is TITS2) but this time she gets to work with the two 'Ah Jeh' Liza Wang and Gigi Wong in Divas In Distress, which pressured her. She said: "The two seniors are very willing to teach newcomers. Sometimes Ah Jeh would teach me how to do the scolding scenes. A few days later, she'll ask me how I did. I felt really touched." Eliza does all her homework before shooting, especially because she can't read Chinese, she put in double the effort.

In the series, Eliza has many scenes opposite of Chin Kar Lok. In one scene, Eliza had trouble crying, but it was all because of Chin Kar Lok that they were able to get through the scene smoothly. However, of course Kar Lok pulled pranks on her as well: "He gave me a nickname called 'Yesterday Heung' (Cham Yat Heung), and then on the next day, everyone called me that. Later, I learned that 'Heung' means dead. Then I said my family is still here, which means there is no 'Yesterday Heung' and that also means I never 'Heung' at all!"

First time playing an important role, Eliza knows she has room for improvement. However, how she could improve her acting did not get as much as attention as her wet white T-shirt look and her bathroom nude scene. This is an unexpected gain for her, she laughed: "I didn't deliberately wear a white T-shirt to get dilutant poured on me. The colleagues at TVB were responsible for the costumes, I didn't deliberately try to look sexy." When asked she got more male fans? She laughed: "Perhaps, I haven't really paid attention, but many people have told me that, thank you."

Eliza's competitors include Christine Kuo, Oceane Zhu and Leanne Li, so how does Eliza want to stand out? She said: "I don't want to be compared with others. I only can be compared to my previous series and the me next month. As long as I make improvements, I'll be happy. Enjoying the whole process is most important."

Another scene that stood out was about Gigi Wong dirtying her shirt on purpose and asked her to take a shower at her house. She also imagined Eliza in several enticing outfits to seduce Kar Lok, such as in sailor and nurse costumes. Then she tried to sell Eliza's long legs and back, seen in the bathroom nude scene. However the most surprising was the bathroom scene looked exactly like the scene in 2009's The Stew of Life, where Fala Chen revealed her bra while changing in the bathroom. This is just another example of how cheap TVB is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More