Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rosy Business 3 starts February 2013, Myolie Wu replaces Sheren Tang

In the recent year, TVB has been repeatedly trying to get secret weapons to rescue the company. Recently they successfully convinced golden producer Lee Tim Shing to stay with them and there are plans to start shooting Rosy Business 3 (RB3) next February. However, according to the latest reports, RB3 will still keep Wayne Lai as the lead actor, but due to issues with the contract and schedule conflicts, lead actress Sheren Tang is going to get replaced by Myolie Wu.

Yesterday reporters contacted Lee Tim Shing, he admitted: "I discussed with the scriptwriter, we plan to change the cast and it may not be such a bad thing! We can confirm that only Wayne Lai will stay in the cast, but the lead actress won't be Sheren Tang. Myolie Wu is the FaDan I want to use the most." Lee Tim Shing continued and explained the three reasons why he made this decision.

(1) Why is there only Wayne Lai left?

"I'm just using this Rosy Business franchise. The story will not be related to the previous two installments. Aside from the lead actor, the other artists including Sheren, Susan Tse and Pierre Ngo won't be participating in this installment. Although earlier Susan and Pierre expressed they are interested in participating, but I'm starting this series next February. I checked already, they don't have time on their schedules. It is basically impossible to keep them."

Then why is he only keeping Wayne Lai? "Wayne remains on the list. If even he's not in the cast, then nothing will be the same anymore. Without anyone from the previous installments, then how can this be called Rosy Business?"

(2) Why is Sheren Tang out?

"Sheren's schedule may not fit with the filming schedule. I actually never thought of keeping the same lead actor and actress. (Many Netizens are commenting that they won't watch the series if the lead actress is someone different!) Yes, Sheren and Wayne are indeed a good match, but the more they match, the more trouble it is for us writers. I already wrote the most beautiful love story for them, which ended in the last two installments. I don't have anything else, everything is already out there! Their first love story didn't seem to have ended, so I made their love even stronger in the second one. In this third one, how else could their love be like? I pulled my hair out and I still can't think of a good story!"

"In RB3, I want to come up with a love story for younger people, and give off a different feeling from the previous two. This time, the scriptwriter and I hope to do something related to first love. Everybody's first love was a romantic one, very passionate. I think this will be refreshing and give off a new feeling. RB3's lead actor and actress will no longer be against each other, I want to use a new combination. Myolie Wu + Wayne Lai + young Siu Sang Edwin Siu. The three of them will develop a romantic relationship in the great era.

(3) Why choose Myolie Wu?

Although Myolie was crowned TVB's TV Queen last year and she's currently being heavily promoted, but some people still have doubts on her acting, saying that it's exaggerated. Tim Gor said: "Myolie is the FaDan I want to use the most! Actually her acting had always been really good, but there are some areas that nobody has given her advice on. Once she gets on the set, she will exert herself a little too much. In RB3, I will help her put some of that away, help her restrain a little and then her acting will be a lot more beautiful. It's hard to schedule Myolie, this is our first collaboration, I hope I'll be able to show a different Myolie with different character. She already voiced her opinion to me. She's willing to take on this opportunity and really looks forward to our collaboration."

As for Wayne Lai, he won't be able to continue on with his good partner Sheren Tang. He said: "Myolie and Sheren are both good artists. If Tim Gor wants to use Myolie, perhaps he thinks we match! I won't be disappointed and it's not like we can collaborate for life. We will have to work with other artists eventually. Actually I don't mind at all."

Sheren responded over the phone: "February and March, my schedule is already full. TVB didn't contact me about RB3, Tim Gor didn't call me either. I'm not sure if they want me to be part of it? I don't know anything!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More