Friday, September 28, 2012

Ella Koon & Jason Chan: What Is Happiness To Them

What is happiness? For ME, I want to win the lottery the most...but how will I invest the money after I win? How will I split the money? Just thinking about it can get complicated!

How about Ella Koon? A lot simpler, holding hands with her Western doctor boyfriend, "just strolling the park is already happiness." Ella just signed with a new company and isn't ready to give up her boyfriend just because of her career. She sure has guts!

Rising star, Jason Chan feels achievements in his career is happiness, "I'm already 34!" As a man, that is what's call 'Man'.

Ella and Jason are both from UK, one studied in Birmingham and the other grew up there. It turns out the two have known each other for years, but never collaborated before and their first crossover is this photo shoot and interview with ME!. Dressed in colorful winter outfits and in joyous moods, there is more and more 'feel' in the two. The taste of happiness just naturally arises.

I Don't Want To Cohabit

Recently, Ella has fallen in love with horseback riding. She loves, loves, loves it. She goes for horseback rising lessons 3 times a week, that's over 20 times in a month. She exclaimed: "Crazy! I don't even know how I got this interest?!" On the day of the photo shoot, she came in dressed completely like a jockey and was fully prepared to rush over to get on a horse in Tuen Mun after work, "When I like something, I can get obsessed with it. I really want to raise a horse, so I could ride it." Ella has that much interest [in horses]? Does her boyfriend accompany her? "I have always loved animals. He's not as interested and isn't learning."

She just signed a new contract and has become Warner's Big Sister.... "Wah! I am totally not the Big Sister, I don't dare to take that title."

Ella is physically active and has to work, how does she balance all that with her relationship? I personally think it is a little overbearing!

Ella got straight to the point, "We don't have to perform Kung Fu. Always seeing and checking each other, then the relationship must not be going very well. I really enjoy the fact that we both have personal space. My schedule is never stable working in this industry. Also, whenever I have thoughts, I like to play the guitar early in the morning, it can get really annoying if you're in the house with me, so we don't live together. I'm just that traditional, nobody believes it."

With her career charging forward, is Ella worried she may gain one, but lose the other? "I don't have to be that brave and give up love for my career right?! He isn't just my boyfriend, he's my soul mate."

Ella frankly expressed career and love can coexist, the first criteria is to open up! She said: "A relationship can support me to do other things. I am now seeking a peaceful life, just take strolls at the park is already happiness. Just eating a bowl of plain white rice is happiness. I am a career-oriented woman, family is in second place and love is just in third place."

Dislikes Women Partying

Regarding Jason, we can just say he looks familiar, but its hard to point him out. Actually Jason started off as a temporary actor (extra), he was Bosco Wong's stuntman for 8 years before he was given a role in a sitcom.

Grew up in the UK, Jason's father owned a restaurant in London and because Jason's mother was a huge fan of Andy Lau, he was influenced into following HK entertainment since youth. After graduation, he worked two years in hospital management. Seeing Daniel Wu and Wang Lee Hom, the 'studied overseas boys' having such good development in showbiz, he began having dreams of becoming a star.

"I have confidence in my looks." He does have a nice voice and is quite handsome, but handsome doesn't mean he's at an advantage, he still had to suffer. "When I first entered TVB, my monthly salary wasn't even HK$5000. With rent and only a few thousand of monthly income, I only had $53.8 left in my bank account. The only option I had was to ask my family for assistance, they helped me out for a year." A grown man asking his family for money, that is truly difficult to bear.

Finally someone who recognized Jason's talents came along, he started hosting on TVB Pearl channel and then was recruited by Virgina Lok into the drama department. From there, his career finally started getting somewhere.

As far as Jason's love life, it's a blank piece of paper. He has dated three times, two of the relationships were with British women, but because of the cultural differences, the relationships didn't get anywhere. "Our main issue was that she's always out partying. I really don't like women going out to party."

In the future, will he choose a foreign girlfriend again? "It has nothing to do with ethnicity, just as long as we match. I'm still single now and I know I'm behind, I'm already 34, but my career really is the priority now."

The public sees Jason as the next 'Best Deal' (seun poon) after Moses Chan, what is there to worry then? "If I can succeed like him (Moses) 10 years from now, I'm already satisfied enough."

Jason's Tips

Q: What is your favorite style of British fashion?
A: Long coats. Basically all men in London has one. Very handsome! I have a few long coats myself to watch the door."

Q: You said you like to buy shoes, what was the most expensive one you bought?
A: In 1999, I saw Nicholas Tse with a pair of Birkenstocks. I used 300 pounds to buy a pair for myself while they were on sale. I spent all the money I earned from working at my father's restaurant all at once.

Ella's Tips

Q: How do you like to dress in the winter?
A: Boyish. I have never been that girly. A coat with a pair of jeans and flats, comfortable and looks good.

Q: What about colors?
A: Autumn can be very colorful, I like to match gray with purple, red and green. The whole look is high spirited and harmonious.

PROFILES

Jason Chan
Birth Date: December 12, 1977
Birth Place: Hong Kong
Height: 5'10 // Weight: 165 pounds.
Languages: Cantonese, English
Education: Bachelors' at SOAS in Ancient and Modern Chinese literature, Masters at University of London in economics.
Debut: 2004, TVB 20th Artistes Acting Class.

Ella Koon
Birth Date: July 9, 1979
Birth Place: Taihiti
Height: 5'4 // Weight: 112 pounds.
Languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, English and French.
Education: Birmingham high school graduate.
Debut: 19 years old, started off as a model. 21 years old started acting. 2009, singing skill was greatly praised for her performance of Endless Love in TVB's The Voice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More