Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yoyo Chen gives birth to 6lbs 2oz Dragon Girl

Last year, TVB artists Yoyo Chen and Vincent Wong carefully chose their wedding date to contain eight ones (11/11/2011 @ 11am). Following the marriage, Yoyo announced her pregnancy and lived a secluded life since, awaiting to welcome a new life into the world. All along, Yoyo hoped to have a natural delivery, and often practiced her breathing by doing simple exercises at the park. However, the other day when she went for her pregnancy checkup, there were signs that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's neck. The soon-to-be parents were extremely worried, but immediately followed the doctor's suggestions and went into labor right away via C-section to ensure the safety of the baby.

Yesterday morning, Yoyo was accompanied by Vincent into the delivery room and went into labor half a month early then the expected due date. Fortunately everything went smoothly, Yoyo gave birth to a 6 pounds, 2 ounces baby girl yesterday morning at 9 am. The baby girl is considered light, but she is healthy. In the next several days, Yoyo can also be discharged from the hospital.

Becoming a father, Vincent, was extremely nervous when he left the hospital and couldn't sleep at all. When he personally help his daughter cut the umbilical cord, he was so nervous his hands were shaking. When asked which one of the parents (Yoyo or Vincent) does his daughter resemble more of? Vincent smiled sweetly: "Both! Her eyes are big and lots of hair, just like her mom. Her ears also resemble mom. She has long hands and legs, that is like me! (Have you given her a name yet?) Fung Shui Master Lee Ching Chak will be responsible for that."

As a father for the first time, Vincent expressed he was very emotional and teared up. However, when he witnessed his beloved daughter coming into this world, he felt that it was all worth it: "I was so touched, my eyes were watery. I was video taping the entire process in the delivery room. Watching my daughter born, my fatherly love came right out. My wife is usually really afraid of getting shots, she grabbed onto my hands the entire time and was shaking, while I kept giving her encouragement and support. (How will you reward your wife?) I plan to give her a car, convenient to take our daughter to school in the future."

When asked if the couple has plans to have more babies? Vincent expressed to let nature take its course: "I saw how difficult it was for my wife, I feel reluctant too, but if we can bear the burden, then we are willing to have another child!" In the recent month, Vincent had to work, and will start a new series next month. However, he smiled and said he has been practicing baby caring skills all along: "Feeding milk or changing the diapers, these fundamentals isn't hard for me, but my wife is going into deep research, she's gonna teach me! I've been pretty busy lately, so I've told the producer to give me some time to be with my wife and daughter, hope to have more time together."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More