Friday, April 6, 2012

Pregnant Mimi Lo performs in 2 night concert: "Baby, Hang In There!"

Mimi Lo held the first of two shows to her concert 羅敏莊真SING情演唱會 at Queen Elizabeth Stadium in Wan Chai yesterday. Many artists went to support her including Felix Wong, Jessica Hsuan, Maggie Cheung, Kenix Kwok and husband Frankie Lam, Teresa Mo and her husband, Evergreen Mak, Carlos Ng, John Chiang, and more.

Although Mimi is already two months pregnant, she still went on stage to perform as usual. The first song she performed, was the song that got her famous Challenger 挑戰者, but during the song Mimi appeared very excited, having wide smiles on her face and waved to audience: "I finally have my own concert. Did you all just finished praying up in the mountains before coming to see me? I have to walk slowly now because I have a minor issue with my health. For every step I take, you all are more anxious than I am." Following her opening speech, the concert officially started. The concert was based on Mimi's growth and experiences over the years. She performed songs from the vinyl era until today, including Sam Hui's Wine and Song 杯酒當歌 and Difficult to Forget You 難忘你, TV series theme songs Rainbow Round My Shoulder (1983) and The Fearless Duo (1984). When Mimi was performing, she also started dancing, but she clearly didn't dare to make any large movements.

Mimi revealed her 'career line' while singing, and claimed that its possibly going to be her only time: "I'm not sure if I'll ever have the opportunity to hold another concert again. This is my greatest limit to sexiness ('career line' reveal). (Were changes made to any of the concert segments due to her pregnancy?) For the majority of it, there were no changes. The staff are really afraid of me moving too much, but I don't really care, just want to share the course of events. Also, I basically don't have that many dances." She also didn't care and still wore high heels. She was only afraid she may forget and trip on stage.

Power Chan sends a sweet SMS to show his support

Mimi expressed her husband Power Chan is in Hengdian working and couldn't make it to the concert. However, he did send a sweet SMS to encourage her. It was the first time he wrote "I Love You". Mimi said: "He has never been a sweet talker, to praise that I'm beautiful." When asked if Power approved everything that happens in her concert? Mimi laughed: "I don't care about him. I know after becoming pregnant, I feel a small belly sticking out, so I told my costume designer to make changes because I don't want audience to vomit seeing me like that. I'm somewhat resemble the Roswell aliens." As for the bleeding that happened to her earlier? Mimi said: "Yes, I thought I lost my baby, but fortunately the doctor said the fetus still there. My doctor told me not to work too hard, but I have to complete these two nights first, so I could only tell my baby to hang in there!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More