Thursday, March 8, 2012

Charmaine Sheh: Timing Wasn't Right For Us

To start a relationship, aside from choosing the right partner, timing is also a very important factor! As the second-runner up of Miss Hong Kong 1997, Charmaine Sheh has been rolling in the entertainment industry for 15 years and had many men come into her life along the way. However, her relationship with Kevin Cheng is still unclear after so many years. This time, Charmaine reiterates in the interview that she and Kevin do click, but there was always something in the way and the timing was never right, therefore she never had the courage to take the relationship a step further. She expressed in the past, she put in a lot of concentration into her work, and missed several opportunities to date, but at this current stage, Charmaine will give up her career for love.

(Charmaine speaks...)

To me, love is relatively personal since there are only two people involved. That is, my lover and I. Actually, this is only my naive thought. Since that moment I stepped into the stage of the beauty contest, everything became so open. As an artist myself, no matter how unwilling I am, I cannot choose and can only accept. In this circle after all those years, I have indeed gone through a few relationships.

A Stagnant Relationship

What is going on with the rumors with Kevin Cheng? Is it really because of timing that the relationship couldn't start? Haha! You can say that, and there is there any chance? Honestly speaking, I am rather busy now and also he's working in Mainland too, basically we didn't have a chance to meet. I've once thought "will we have a chance to have dinner?" but the answer is no. The public often say we are very matching, back then when I collaborated with him in Forensic Heroes II, the rumors began. I do indeed feel that we click, but after all there was always something in the way, that created a stagnant relationship.

Up until today, it is rumored again that we are back together, but actually we don't dare to meet. If we get photographed and random stories written about us, then that's unnecessary. Unless we are actually dating, then go ahead and write it all out! However, we never met, but we do keep in touch, just nothing blossomed. Looks like this is fate!

Boyfriend does not need to be wealthy

In my memory, I have never lost contact with any of my ex-boyfriends. You can say that all of my ex-boyfriends are still friends. Because of this, I believe I am not a hard to bear girlfriend, just my personality is rather strong. I won't control my partner, but at appropriate times, I may turn into a little birdie.

Honestly, in the past I have thought of when I should get married and have children, but today, everything turned into let nature take its course. Actually, I would choose to take more time off to rest, of course I also understand that because we don't have time to meet, it is another reason why a relationship never started. So, in the future, I will give myself more space and opportunities. Are there any pursuers now? Of course, it's just that most of my time is left for shooting, the earliest I'll have time is in the summer. My ideal partner does not necessarily have to be wealthy, but the at the very least, he should not have me support him.

Give up career for love

After experiencing a few relationships, I now understand that timing is very important, timing and fate. When its your time to meet that person, you will eventually meet him. In the past, I won't go give up my career for love, but honestly speaking, I will today. It's not because I have more experiences now, just that each individual will have different necessities during different stages in life. At the time, it was the time to really fight for a career, really work at earning money and I did not pay attention to any relationship. Even men with good qualities, I wouldn't put them at heart because I basically didn't even have the time to set up a date, so my love life isn't considered too rich. But this is my personal decision, so I will not regret. In the past, did my boyfriend have it very difficult? Haha! That's why we ended with a break up!

First Love: A Profound String Of Love

When speaking of her most profound relationship, Charmaine frankly said it did indeed belong to her first love. When speaking of her first relationship back when she was 17 or 18 years old, she lived in a strict family environment because she had to focus on her studies. Her mother didn't allow her to go out too much, so she ended up developing a relationship with a boy that lived in her building. Charmaine lived on the 5th floor of her building, while the boy lived a few floors below. They often sent their love through a string. She said: "That time, we hanged everything. Sometimes we hang a flower, but then it would get stuck. We didn't do many love letters because we can just talk on the phone, so it would always be an object instead. I remember one Valentine's Day, I wasn't allowed to go out and so I made chocolate and hid in my room. While in my room, I used a string to hang the chocolates down to him!"

This method maintained the relationship, asked if her mother ever discovered her little cleverness? Charmaine laughed out loud and said her mother didn't find out she was hanging stuff down, but she had a sixth sense and eventually found out she was dating. Charmaine said: "I think there were people following! Because I grew up in that neighborhood, there were so many people that could have reported it to her. No matter if it's the newspaper stand downstairs, or the meat guy, vegetable stand or the tofu stand, everyone knew me!" Charmaine directly said that relationship was very sweet, but after being together for two years, she had to study Hotel Management aboard in Switzerland and helplessly broke up with him. Although this was the case, the two have still kept in touch through SMS. She also said her first love is now already married and have children, living a beautiful life.

Kevin Cheng: It's Good To Be Friends Too

Charmaine said its because of timing issues that she couldn't develop further with Kevin. Kevin Cheng agreed and said: "Humans are so strange, thinking back to a few years ago, timing was an issue, I understand what she's talking about." Although it is already the past, Charmaine and Kevin are busy with their own things. Charmaine expressed she doesn't even have the time to meet with Kevin for a meal. As for Kevin, he expressed they both have to work to make a living. Even if they are both working in Hengdian, they still couldn't take the time off to meet and have dinner. He said: "Nope, it's good to be friends too!"

Although there was no development, the public still say the two are together. Kevin admitted the media have given them a lot of pressure. He said: "The magazines, they had no pictures and said we are together. If they had pictures of us eating out, it will be another story. We will avoid these unnecessary rumors. Now if we are really dating, then that's no problem, but we're not dating so it's unfair."

Kevin said he and Charmaine are just friends, and do keep in touch by phone and SMS. Kevin said: "We care about each other, like ask what are you doing now?" If in the future when the 'timing' does come, will there be a chance to take the relationship forward? Kevin frankly said: "I really don't have an answer for you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More