Saturday, March 10, 2012

Annie Yi bared it all for PETA's anti-fur commercial

Taiwanese actress Annie Yi would "rather go naked than wear fur" and bared her body before the cameras for American animal rights organisation PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

At a press conference for PETA's recent anti-fur movement in Beijing, Annie shared, "I was once an ignorant celebrity, who loved fur products, but now I understand how fur coats are made and will no longer wear any fur."

She also appealed to everyone, not to support the fur-farming industry.
Following her press conference, Annie continued to air her thoughts regarding the anti-fur movement on her microblog yesterday.

"Why go naked? Because that's my skin, Annie's skin. If a higher being were to tell me I have beautiful skin, and wants to skin me and smash my head, so that they can wear my skin, how would I feel?" the actress wrote.

Annie then urged everyone to think carefully, and reminded people to cherish and value the life of other living beings; not to skin them alive for their beautiful skins.
Back in 2005, the actress was criticised and blacklisted because she revealed that she collects fur coats and has more than 50 pieces at home.

In February that same year, Annie attended a PETA event and emphasised that she only owned two authentic fur coats, while the rest are manmade. The actress also claimed that she was "willing to learn from her past mistakes".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More