Monday, March 19, 2012

Gigi Leung denies pregnancy rumors, will not give up her career because of family

Recently, it has been widely rumored that Gigi Leung is already two months pregnant, but as a taboo, she has stayed low-profile and unwilling to confirm it. Yesterday, when Gigi Leung attended the Guangzhou premiere of "Marrying Mr Perfect", she responded to the rumor for the first time: "I really am not (pregnant), thank you everyone for your concern. Even though I really like children, there is no basis for this report."

According to Taiwan media reports, after having a lightning marriage to Spanish boyfriend Sergio in October last year after knowing each other for five months, they actively tried to have children and currently, she is already two months pregnant. But because of traditional customs, pregnancies cannot be made public until three months into the pregnancy. So far, all parties have remained low-profile unwilling to confirm. Furthermore, as the female lead actress of "Marrying Mr. Perfect", Gigi Leung was absent from Shanghai promotions due to health reason, provoking suspicions of "preventing a miscarriage."

Regarding pregnancy, Gigi Leung explicitly denied: "I really am not (pregnant), thank you everyone for your concern. Even though I really like children, there is no basis for this report. Maybe the media wishes too much that I am pregnant." Gigi Leung stated that a baby is a present from God and cannot be deliberately planned. It is only possible to wait for God to plan it. "If I do (get pregnant), I will definitely share (the news) with everyone at an appropriate time. But some groundless accusation reports have truly influenced my work."

In Wong Jing's new movie "Marrying Mr. Perfect" which already premiered on March 16, it is Gigi Leung's first time acting as a "leftover woman" (a successful career woman who has stayed single), looking for true love: a romantic comedy story of a pure Cinderella who transforms into a female boss. When asked if she has married a 100% man in reality, Gigi Leung sweetly smiled in agreement: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you personally like is 100%. The key is to see if you have found the one who suits you." As for whether it is possible that she is planning to be a full-time mother in the future, Gigi Leung replied: "This question is looking a little into the distance. I have not experienced it and I do not know how busy I will be when the time comes. But I will not give up my interests and hobbies because of getting married and having children. I cannot stop singing and acting."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More